Friday, January 05, 2007

PR Consultant Turns TV Host


Apparently, being a TV presenter isn’t as easy as I thought. Four days of shooting in Sukabumi – Pelabuhan Ratu – Ujung Genteng were so colorful and full of unexpected things. Being appointed as the new presenter for "Melancong Yuk!", a traveling program in SCTV, I had to walk for miles in a slippery and stony path; swam in an icy water under a waterfall and waited there until the cameraman finished taking different angles of the waterfall (damn it was freezing cold!); woke up at 5.30am and be ready to take some shots or continue our journey (note: wake up early isn’t my thing at all!); sat quietly at the back of a military truck in the middle of a stormy night “only” to find giant turtles that were laying their eggs; almost carried away by the current when I had to learn surfing; and many more…

Apart from that, speaking in front of the camera itself is another interesting subject. For this program, I asked SCTV that I wanted to write my own script. But then, writing and speaking are two different things. “Cut!”, “Retake!”, “Action!” were the most frequent words came from the program director every time I slipped my tongue or lost my words (yeah, it happened many times! Hehehe…). Plus, while thinking on what to say, one had to be aware of the body language, intonation and facial expressions (oh, having experienced all these things, now I have a different opinion toward movie stars!)


Nevertheless, I had lots of fun and learned a lot from those four-days trip. It was definitely a whole new experience for me. And I guess, the whole crew (Gunawan as the Executive Producer, Iwan Gunawan as the program director, Bondan as the cameraman, Vino as the audioman and Mas Ahong as the driver who took us everywhere) also enjoyed the fun, especially when seeing me falling down into a giant turtle’s hole when it was just finished laying its eggs!!! Hahaha… Fortunately, the giant turtle already covered its eggs with earth, so there were safe ☺. But it was me who left in shocked! And instead of helping, everyone just couldn’t stop laughing. Gosh… I bet it was funny as hell.

On top of that, I felt so grateful that Maverick gave the flexibility that enabled me to take this opportunity offered by SCTV. Many thanks to both Maverick’s partners, Ong and Mbak Lita. Their permission reflects that as a company, Maverick encourages its consultants to grow, not only as a PR practitioner, but also as an individual.

Also thanks to SCTV for choosing me as the new presenter for “Melancong Yuk!” :).

My first gig will be aired next Sunday, 7 January 2007 at 6.30am on SCTV. Don’t miss it yaaahh!!! You can also see it at .

Note:
“Melancong Yuk”! airs every Saturday and Sunday at 6.30am on SCTV.
I will take turn with a male presenter, Ferly Junandar, to present various interesting places that are perfect for holidays ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

nila, congrats and good luck! :)

nila tanzil said...

Satya, thanks yaaah! :) Long time no see.. how r u doing, Sat?

Crivenica said...

Congrats ya Nil on the show. Glad that you got the chance to do this. Have fun!!

Anonymous said...

Tante Nila,
kuageddd n suenenkkk melihat mu muncul di tipi...
Episode pertamamu daku menonton, tapi setelahnya, kagak sempet.
Dirimu masih akan tetep muncul kan yach...?

Sukses untukmu selalu ya... :)

Cheerz,
~nike~

nila tanzil said...

Riri... miss you, girl!! Thanks yah, Riii.. how's the cooking course going? Have fun juga yah, Ri.. doing things that have always been your passions! :) Can't wait to try your yummy food! :D

nila tanzil said...

Nike.. hehehe.. pagi2x dah bangun? Thx for watching yah! Gw sempet absen 3 minggu gara2x tape rekaman utk 2 episode ilang (thanks to Garuda Cargo!!). Gila gak sehhh?

Tapi gw akan muncul lagi kok, mulai Sabtu, 3 Februari dan Minggu, 4 Februari ini. Jamnya sama 6.30am. Gimme your comments yah.. hehehe..

Good luck in your career as well, girl! ;))